MICHAEL BAKER Grad Dip (HPE), BAc. MFHT, Dip in Life Coaching.
Since 1978 Michael has followed his passion for Traditional Chinese Medicine. He has successfully built up close and inspirational connections with his students, and, is at his happiest when sharing his knowledge to support the learning of others. A successful outcome for students is his priority.
Following two study tours in Mainland China in 1978 and 1980, and, his return to the UK, Michael was fortunate enough to study with Professor J. R. Worsley, one of the founder members of Traditional Chinese Five Element Acupuncture in the UK, and his inspiring team at the College of Traditional Acupuncture (CTA).
- Gaining his Lic Ac in 1985 and his BAc in 1989.
- Became a member of CTA faculty in 2001 – Head of 1st-year studies and senior clinical supervisor.
- 2012: 1st and 2nd year teaching teams.
- Spoke at the British Acupuncture Conference.
- Contributed an article to BAcC magazine ‘ACU’.
- Published: ‘A Chronological Journey through Chinese Medical History on the Causes of Disease’.
- Currently teaching, lecturing, working in practice in Oxfordshire.
“Thank you for providing a very informative and thoroughly enjoyable course. I trained originally in TCM, and it has been a pleasure to learn so much more about the five elements which have always interested me. Study with you has been a great benefit to me as a practitioner and an individual. The course material is complete in itself, but it was lovely to also have a good bibliography (reading list) for further reference, I would recommend future students to take advantage of your guidance in reading matter.”
Five Element Acupuncture Theory Online Course
“I have known Michael Baker since 2007 when I attended The College of Traditional Acupuncture, where Michael was a tutor.
“I found Michael’s knowledge of Acupuncture and particularly the Five Elements extensive and his teaching style and friendly approach made the lectures easy to follow.
“I feel that my journey into understanding the Five Elements has been greatly enriched by the foundations set by Michael during my time at college.”
David Start Lic.Ac MBAcC
David Start Acupuncture
PAUL ADKINS Lic.Ac., BA(Hons), 1st Dan, MFHT, MCAUK
Qualified with an honours degree from the CTA Leamington College of Five Element Acupuncture, Paul is a Traditional Acupuncturist practising in Truro, Cornwall, UK.
He is the Founder of Facial Enhancement Acupuncture; the anti-ageing, non-surgical facelift and skin revitalising treatment and, since 2004, has trained acupuncturists in over 30 countries to successfully practice this treatment in their clinics via his masterclasses, one-to-one training and online courses. As a result, there are now practitioners in the UK, Europe and as far afield as Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, US, South Africa, Israel and the Caribbean.
Paul is an engaging teacher with an infectious enthusiasm for his subject. His encouraging and positive teaching style enables each student to develop their skills to realise their full potential.
- 2004: Gained his Lic Ac and BA(Hons)
- 2006: Published Pocket Guide to Facial Enhancement Acupuncture
- 2008: Became a Zita West Affiliated Fertility Acupuncturist and specialises in Zita’s comprehensive, holistic approach to achieving optimum reproductive health.
- 2012: Guest speaker at the 15th National Acupuncture Association of India Conference in New Delhi. Contributed an article to the BAcC magazine ‘ACU’.
- 2014 & 2016: Contributed articles to Embody magazine.
- 2013: Published Facial Enhancement Acupuncture: Clinical Use and Application
- 2016: Guest speaker at the International Cosmetic Acupuncture Summit in Tokyo
- Currently teaching, lecturing and practising in Cornwall
“I have known Paul for over 17 years. I studied Five Element Acupuncture with him at The College of Traditional Acupuncture in Leamington Spa between 2001 and 2004. As a fellow student, he was kind and compassionate, knowledgeable, hugely enthusiastic, reassuring and funny – he has a great sense of humour!
“Since graduating Paul has continued to study and develop new techniques to enhance his practice and has been extremely generous with this continued development by teaching others. I have attended some of his training courses and find them thoroughly informative, extremely professional, and I have always gone on to use the techniques in my own practice with great results.
“There are becoming fewer Five Element Practitioners since The College of Traditional Acupuncture closed – this style of acupuncture is amazing, fascinating and, more importantly, it works and I am delighted that Paul is now able to carry the tradition forward, I wish him every success.”
Maddy Sharp Lic.Ac. BA(Hons), MBAcC
Acupuncture in Solihull
60 Links Drive
Solihull B91 2DL
REGISTRAR AND INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
STACEY GEORGE BA(Hons)
Stacey has been the administrator and web manager for Positive Acupuncture and FACIALENHANCE® since 2009.
Gaining an honours degree in Illustration in 2001, she has many years’ experience in design. She has worked with acupuncturists to build and develop their websites and is also the instructional designer of the long-established FACIALENHANCE® range of online courses. Stacey has developed the blended learning aspect of the college.
As a Ba Zi (Chinese astrology) practitioner, Stacey has studied with leading authorities on the Five Elements, including Richard Ashworth, Joey Yap and David Twicken. Her knowledge of Chinese metaphysics and experience of the acupuncture industry means she can expertly assist our students throughout their diploma training.