The Art of Needling
A Morning Workshop in Cornwall or Oxfordshire
The Art of Needling Workshop
CORNWALL (TRURO, THREEMILESTONE, UK
Sunday 14th January 2024 10 am – 1 pm
Booking Deadline: Please secure your place by Sunday 31st December 2024. We need a minimum of six students on this workshop for it to run.*
OXFORDSHIRE (WANTAGE, UK)
Sunday 28th January 2024 10 am – 1 pm
Booking Deadline: Please secure your place by Sunday 14th December 2024. We need a minimum of four students on this workshop for it to run.*
The Art of Needling 10 am – 1 pm
Advance your acupuncture needling skills with our in-depth practical workshop (3 hours).
The morning will begin by blending the classical historical influences and the inspirational philosophy that have been the foundation for the art of needling. This, along with Qi awareness exercises, will guide the practice of needling during our session. The delivery will begin via a series of theoretical presentations, followed by the introduction to a series of Qi Awareness techniques to support and enhance the guided hands-on practice of needling.
The session will begin with a presentation of the following:
- An introduction to the inspirational concepts of “The Art of Needling” from modern sources.
- An introduction to the “Depth of Needling”, with considerations given to Season and Condition.
- An Exploration of the “Forgotten Traditions” in the art of needling. Should we choose to return to the use of some of these techniques?
- An Exploration into the art of “Obtaining De Qi”.
- An Exploration into aspects of “Intention”.
- After this presentation, the participant will practice the following techniques:
• Practice Qi Gong techniques to promote the movement and awareness of your own Qi.
• Practice utilising the breath to bring an awareness of Qi to the Dan Tian.
• Practice moving Qi to the hands to become aware of Qi’s manifestations and presence.
• Practice moving Qi into the needle, exploring different manifestations of Qi’s presence.
• Practice in pairs, needling into safe areas “Without” and “With” the awareness of Qi. We will then discuss and explore the differences and benefits of such practice.
Who is this workshop open to?
How do I book a place?
Please contact Stacey to book a place on this course – a £25 deposit is required to secure your place. There are limited spaces and a minimum needed to run this course, so be sure to secure your place by the booking deadline – see above for details.